For this round of Top Ten Tuesday, I’m breaking my list up into two sections. The first section is for this year’s writing-related goals and the second are my reading-related goals.
- I completed the first draft of my first book, Hero, just after Christmas, so I think it’s only fair if I have a completed manuscript by the end of 2013 (if not before).
- Comprehensively outline book two (working title, Skin) in the Jorn trilogy.
- A-little-more-than-roughly outline book three (working title, Native).
- Come up with an appropriate title for the series. I almost like The Jorn Chronicles, but only almost.
Here, you may note that a number of my goals include some of last week’s to-read list, as well as a few other challenges. This is not cheating, it’s just good common sense. Promise.
- Read 11 books by female Aussie authors for the 2013 Australian Women Writers Challenge.
- Read at least a book a week, and 60 within the year, for the Goodreads challenge.
- Read more books from outside of science fiction, fantasy and urban fantasy.
- Read all of the ebooks I’ve bought and not read (there are many).
- Read On Writing and Story.
- Reduce the number of books in my TBR pile by 10%, which, as of today, stands at 240. Here’s my hit list for 2013.