This year I’m participating in a few memes and the very first one is Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and the Bookish (which is a great blog title!).
Aptly, the first Top Ten for the year is the Top 10 books I’m going to read this year. In this I’ve sprinkled some of the books I also have listed for the Australian Women Writers Challenge (AWWC) 2013. The AWWC is about raising the profile of female authors in Australia, because always seems as if the men win all the literary prizes.
- On Writing by Stephen King
I’ve been reading this off and on for awhile now, I think it’s about time I finished it.
- Finnikin of the Rock by Merlina Marchetta
This is meant to be a fantastic book. I think I’ll reward myself for finishing Stephen King by reading this.
- Eon (aka Two Pearls of Wisdom) by Alison Goodman
Like On Writing, this has been in my bookshelf for, quite literally, years. I think it’s aged enough.
- My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton
1) I love the cover and 2) I love the description.
- Killer Instinct by Zoë Sharp
Strong female protagonist, the promise of mayhem… what’s not to like?
- Croak by Gina Damico
The cover on this book rocks and that alone is enough reason for me to read it.
- Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
I’m going to be reading at least one book by this author in 2013, and this one looks good.
- The Magic of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
Over the course of 15 years, I’ve started this book twice. This year feels like a good one to finish it.
- Highprince of War by Brandon Sanderson
The only reason this book is all the way down here, is because I don’t know if it’ll be out this year. Fingers crossed!
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
I love this movie! Why haven’t I read the book yet?
You can find all of the above books on my Top 10 2013 Goodreads shelf.