Ok, so, I chucked out the 15k words I’d written for book 2. Again. I think this is the 4th time I’ve changed the entire plot (well, not the entire plot, just the specifics), but, trust me, this storyline is going to be way more awesome.
For this round of Top Ten Tuesday, I’m breaking my list up into two sections. The first section is for this year’s writing-related goals and the second are my reading-related goals.
- I completed the first draft of my first book, Hero, just after Christmas, so I think it’s only fair if I have a completed manuscript by the end of 2013 (if not before).
- Comprehensively outline book two (working title, Skin) in the Jorn trilogy.
- A-little-more-than-roughly outline book three (working title, Native).
- Come up with an appropriate title for the series. I almost like The Jorn Chronicles, but only almost.
Here, you may note that a number of my goals include some of last week’s to-read list, as well as a few other challenges. This is not cheating, it’s just good common sense. Promise.
- Read 11 books by female Aussie authors for the 2013 Australian Women Writers Challenge.
- Read at least a book a week, and 60 within the year, for the Goodreads challenge.
- Read more books from outside of science fiction, fantasy and urban fantasy.
- Read all of the ebooks I’ve bought and not read (there are many).
- Read On Writing and Story.
- Reduce the number of books in my TBR pile by 10%, which, as of today, stands at 240. Here’s my hit list for 2013.