Many people have asked me where they can find the triple chocolate marshmallow ice-cream mentioned in Hero. It’s one of Fink’s favourite deserts and lots of fun to make, just try not to make too much of a mess in the kitchen.
- 2 litres chocolate ice-cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
You will need
- A large bowl, preferably metal but glass will work as well
- Place the bowl in the freezer and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- If you’re not using mini marshmallows, cut them into quarters. Likewise, if you aren’t using chocolate chips, chop the chocolate into small pieces. Do this before proceeding to the next step.
- Once the bowl has been in the freezer for 30 minutes, take the ice-cream out of the freezer (but leave the bowl in the freezer) and let it soften for 5-10 minutes, or until the ice-cream is soft enough to scoop out easily.
- Working quickly, take the bowl out of the freezer and scoop ALL of the ice-cream into it. Keep the ice-cream container.
- Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows to the ice-cream and stir through. Do not over-stir the ice-cream.
- Put the ice-cream back into its original container, replace the lid and put it back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Done. Enjoy!
If you can’t find chocolate chips or mini marshmallows, get regular chocolate and marshmallows and chop them up as directed in step 2.