Nothing stirs author, Belinda Crawford, more than a fast horse, a blazingly fast computer or a really good book.
A Victorian-based IT graduate, she expanded her passion for reading, and penchant for science fiction and fantasy, to creative writing, and in 2012 had her first short story, ‘Lex Talionis’, published in Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine.
Somewhere between work, karate training and wrestling her keyboard away from a feline named Faust, Belinda wrote Hero, the first book in The Hero Rebellion trilogy. In 2013, Hero won one of twelve places in the Australian Society of Authors’ annual mentorship program, and was published by Odyssey Books in 2015. The final book in the trilogy, Regan, was published in December 2018.
Currently, in between wrangling a horse named Wombat and defending her writing chair from the felines, Belinda is hard at work on a number of projects, including:
- Race (The Hero Rebellion 1.5), a Hero short story
- Demons & Battleskirts (Volume 1), an ongoing serial about girls, demons and the universe
- Cold Between Stars (Untitled Jørn series, bk 1), the first book in a new Jørn trilogy.
You can keep up-to-date with her progress here, or have news and other offers delivered straight to your inbox via her mailing list.
In the media
- A Hero is launched at Produce Store (Mansfield Courier)
Guest posts, interviews & other appearances
- Guest post (Science & Other Scary Words: On Writing Sci-fi) on Amie Irene Winter’s blog.
- Interview with fellow author Timothy Bateson
- Interview with writer and reviewer Nada Adel Sobhi
- Interview with epic fantasy author Tracy M. Joyce
- Author spotlight with sci-fi author Ani Manjikian
- #B2BCYCON interview with horror and fantasy author A.F. Stewart
- Killing zombies on the #B2BCYCON Sci-fi Blog Hop with author MT McGuire
- Book spotlight at Into Another World